Every taxpayer has the right to transfer 1% of their tax to a public benefit organisation. In such a case the taxpayer does not transfer the whole tax to the state budget, but may choose to support a social organisations, such as a foundation or association. Such organisations may be charitable, they may promote education, social work, defense of human rights, or other types of assistance, e.g. legal or social. Thus, the taxpayer can have a direct influence on the causes supported by part of their tax.

Not all foundations or associations enjoy the status of public benefit organisation, which means that the 1% of tax may not be transferred to every foundation or association.

In order to transfer 1% of tax, you should enter the register number of the organisation (KRS number) and the amount to be transferred (which cannot exceed 1% of tax) in the correct field of the tax return form. You can also specify a detailed purpose by entering it in a separate form field.

If you don’t know which organisation to choose we would like to recommend those we support as ICF:

  1. Foundation Rak’n’Roll Win life (Fundacja Rak’n’Roll Wygraj Życie)

    KRS 0000338803, designated donation “For Maja M.” or in Polish „Dla Mai M.”

    Maja is an ICF attendee and currently battling cancer, learn about her journey and donating.

  2. Warsaw Volunteer Mission (Warszawska Misja Ochotnicza)

    KRS 0000220615. Check out their website to learn more about this ministry.

  3. The Child's Heart Foundation (Fundacja Serce Dziecka)

    KRS 0000266644, designated donation "ZC 6773 Aleksandra Hecker"

    Aleksandra (Ola) lives in an orphanage in Kowalewo supported by a group of ICF members under the patronage of the Dare to Dream Foundation. Learn more about Ola’s story.

If this is your first year in Poland and you don’t know how to fill the Tax return form you can ask our Treasurer Beata.